One of the greatest obstacles to a man responding to his call to the priesthood is his sense of unworthiness. Many men believe that they have to be the perfect Catholic and have mastery over their sinful nature. The truth is, however, that the Lord calls each of us as we are and he wants to use us in ways we cannot even fathom at the moment of our call. He provides the grace, all we must do is offer Him our lives!
With that in mind, Br. Edgar Henrique Carrasco, LC provides us with 7 characteristics of men who are called to be a Catholic priest. You might be surprised just how common these characteristics are:
- He is still a sinner, like everybody else
- He doesn’t abandon his life or his family; he purifies them
- He is still attracted to women
- He doesn’t give up fatherhood
- He is unworthy of his mission
- He still makes mistakes
- He is fully happy.
Read the entire article and pray that the Lord reveal himself to you as you discern your true calling.
- Big Month of Events Coming in March!
- Welcome Weekend 2018 Coming Soon!
- Jim Caviezel’s Words on Vocation
- Dinner with a Priest and Yoda
- Former Vocation Director meets America in the Kitchen
- Announcements (61)
- Call to Holiness (43)
- Celibacy (7)
- Culture of Vocations (72)
- Discernment (63)
- Holy Hour (8)
- Life (17)
- Liturgical Questions (1)
- Marriage (10)
- Priesthood (64)
- Q's from HS (10)
- Religious (56)
- resources (16)
- Saints (13)
- Scripture (8)
- Seminary (54)
- Spirituality (41)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Vocation Stories (26)
- Interview with Fr. Tim Fahey
- Interview with Fr. Alex McCullough
- Priesthood Ordination 2016 (Vocation Office version)
- College Seminary
This video features our young men who are in college seminary for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- The Gift of the Priesthood: Parents of the Called
What do parents have to say about their sons call to the priesthood? We took the opportunity to interview a few wonderful parents to learn more about the call to become a Catholic priest and the transformation of their son.
- The Gift of the Priesthood
Filmed and produced by US Digital Partners for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati on location at Mount St. Mary's Seminary of the West.
- Vocation Stories: The Seminarians
This video featuring three seminarians was filmed on location at Mount St. Mary's of the West in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Vocation Stories: Fr. Earl Fernandes
This video featuring Fr. Earl Fernandes was filmed on location at Mount St. Mary's of the West in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Vocation Stories: Fr. Benedict O'Cinnsealaigh
This video featuring Fr. Benedict O'Cinnsealaigh was filmed on location at Mount St. Mary's of the West in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- The Man Behind the Collar: Three Priests
This video introduces three priests of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and gives the viewer an overview of what being a priest is all about.