Last weekend, the Indianapolis Criterion ran an article about the day in the life of a seminarian at Bishop Brute College Seminary. Check it out (I might have made a couple of appearances in the pictures). Its on page 11 of the January 7th edition.
The article showed a lot of the activities that regularly take place at the seminary: mass, prayer, meals, chores, leisure, sports, and of course classes. I can only speak for myself, but it has been a lifestyle that has fulfilled and challenged me in every area of my life, whether spiritual, physical, psychological, emotional, or mental. The community life is something that has sustained and challenged me in the best possible way and to any young man that is discerning whether not to enter the college seminary, I would plead with them to come for a night or a weekend and come see what life is like in the seminary; I’ve found that it is a place that guys from many different walks of life can thrive and live to his fullest.
Thanks for reading and God Bless,
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 2
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 1
- Novena for Deacons: Day Nine!
- Novena for Deacons: Day Eight!
- Novena for Deacons: Day Seven!
- Announcements (74)
- Call to Holiness (55)
- Celibacy (8)
- Culture of Vocations (87)
- Discernment (79)
- Holy Hour (9)
- Life (17)
- Liturgical Questions (2)
- Marriage (11)
- Priesthood (77)
- Q's from HS (10)
- Religious (56)
- resources (16)
- Saints (15)
- Scripture (8)
- Seminary (66)
- Spirituality (45)
- Uncategorized (33)
- Vocation Stories (37)
- Discerning Your Vocation: Eucharistic Adoration
- Discerning Your Vocation: Devotion to Mary
- Discerning Your Vocation: Daily Mass
- Discerning Your Vocation: Prayer
- Discerning Your Vocation: Talk to a Vocation Director
- Interview with Fr. Tim Fahey
- Interview with Fr. Alex McCullough
- Priesthood Ordination 2016 (Vocation Office version)
- College Seminary
This video features our young men who are in college seminary for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- The Gift of the Priesthood: Parents of the Called
What do parents have to say about their sons call to the priesthood? We took the opportunity to interview a few wonderful parents to learn more about the call to become a Catholic priest and the transformation of their son.