Yesterday, Archbishop Dennis M. Schnurr, Archbishop of Cincinnati, issued this letter to be read during all Masses this coming weekend within the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
We cannot – we will not – comply with this unjust law. People of faith cannot be made second-class citizens. We are already joined by our brothers and sisters of all faiths and many others of good will in this important effort to regain our religious freedom. Our parents and grandparents did not come to these shores to help build Arnerica’s cities and towns, its infrastructure and institutions, its enterprise and culture, only to have their posterity stripped of their God given rights. In generations past, the Church has always been able to count on the faithful to stand up and protect her sacred rights and duties. I hope and trust she can count on this generation of Catholics to do the same. Our children and grandchildren deserve nothing less.
And therefore, I would ask of you two things. First, as a community of faith we must commit ourselves to prayer and fasting that wisdom and justice may prevail, and religious liberty may be restored. Without God, we can do nothing; with God, nothing is impossible. Second, I would also recommend visiting www.usccb.org/conscience, to learn more about this severe assault on religious liberty, and how to Contact Congress in support of legislation that would reverse the Administration’s decision.
- Prayer and Pizza Night on June 14th
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 9
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 8
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 7
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 6
- Announcements (82)
- Call to Holiness (61)
- Celibacy (8)
- Culture of Vocations (94)
- Discernment (87)
- Holy Hour (9)
- Life (17)
- Liturgical Questions (2)
- Marriage (11)
- Priesthood (86)
- Q's from HS (10)
- Religious (57)
- resources (16)
- Saints (15)
- Scripture (8)
- Seminary (75)
- Spirituality (53)
- Uncategorized (16)
- Vocation Stories (44)
- Discerning Your Vocation: Eucharistic Adoration
- Discerning Your Vocation: Devotion to Mary
- Discerning Your Vocation: Daily Mass
- Discerning Your Vocation: Prayer
- Discerning Your Vocation: Talk to a Vocation Director
- Interview with Fr. Tim Fahey
- Interview with Fr. Alex McCullough
- Priesthood Ordination 2016 (Vocation Office version)
- College Seminary
This video features our young men who are in college seminary for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- The Gift of the Priesthood: Parents of the Called
What do parents have to say about their sons call to the priesthood? We took the opportunity to interview a few wonderful parents to learn more about the call to become a Catholic priest and the transformation of their son.