The above link takes one to the press release of the Vatican Information Service regarding the publication of the Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation “Verbum Domini,” which concludes the work of the 2008 Synod of Bishops on the Word of God in the Church.
The Exhortation is broken down into three sections:
Part I: “Verbum Dei” on ‘the fundamental role of God the Father, source and origin of the Word” and “the Trinitarian dimension of revelation.”
Part II: “Verbum in Ecclesia” on ‘the Word of God and the Church,’ specifically the effect in the Sacraments and the Liturgy.
Part III: “Verbum Mundo” on ‘the duty of Christians to announce the Word of God in the world in which they live and work.’
Each of the three parts is also broken down into chapters as well. I look forward to reading through the document, hopefully this weekend, if other things do not prevail on me.
The Exhortation is dated September 30th, the Feast of St. Jerome.
The entire document can be foung on the Vatican page. (Warning: 208 pages in PDF format! This link takes you to the page of Pope Benedict’s two Apostolic Exhortations, where you can download the new document.)
- Spy Wednesday and Evangelization
- The Question About Fasting
- God is the Word!
- National Vocation Awareness Week: November 1-7, 2015
- The Donkey’s Role
- Announcements (75)
- Call to Holiness (55)
- Celibacy (8)
- Culture of Vocations (89)
- Discernment (79)
- Holy Hour (9)
- Life (17)
- Liturgical Questions (2)
- Marriage (11)
- Priesthood (78)
- Q's from HS (10)
- Religious (57)
- resources (16)
- Saints (15)
- Scripture (8)
- Seminary (66)
- Spirituality (46)
- Uncategorized (16)
- Vocation Stories (38)
- Discerning Your Vocation: Eucharistic Adoration
- Discerning Your Vocation: Devotion to Mary
- Discerning Your Vocation: Daily Mass
- Discerning Your Vocation: Prayer
- Discerning Your Vocation: Talk to a Vocation Director
- Interview with Fr. Tim Fahey
- Interview with Fr. Alex McCullough
- Priesthood Ordination 2016 (Vocation Office version)
- College Seminary
This video features our young men who are in college seminary for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- The Gift of the Priesthood: Parents of the Called
What do parents have to say about their sons call to the priesthood? We took the opportunity to interview a few wonderful parents to learn more about the call to become a Catholic priest and the transformation of their son.