Today, The Catholic Telegraph shares the great news that for the first time in 35 years, the Athenaeum/Mount St. Mary’s Seminary of the West in Cincinnati is home to 75 seminarians and another 25 men who are studying for the Permanent Diaconate bringing the total number of men who are preparing for ordination at this institution to 100 men!
A seminary nearly bursting at the seams means more than just a full building. “We are looking forward to a busy year,” [the seminary rector,] Fr. O’Cinnsealaigh, said. “With so many new faces and lots of energy, the seminary is a very active and vibrant place. As well as study and prayer, seminarians are involved in apostolic works around the city such as prison ministry, hospital ministry, soup kitchens, and pregnancy centers. They help in school programs, and get involved in activities with schools. They also participate in mission trips, and in a seminary exchange program with the seminary in Honduras, and volunteer around the region and around the world during the summer.
- Priesthood Ordination Novena Starts Tomorrow
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 2
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 1
- Novena for Deacons: Day Nine!
- Novena for Deacons: Day Eight!
- Announcements (75)
- Call to Holiness (55)
- Celibacy (8)
- Culture of Vocations (89)
- Discernment (79)
- Holy Hour (9)
- Life (17)
- Liturgical Questions (2)
- Marriage (11)
- Priesthood (78)
- Q's from HS (10)
- Religious (57)
- resources (16)
- Saints (15)
- Scripture (8)
- Seminary (66)
- Spirituality (46)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Vocation Stories (38)
- Discerning Your Vocation: Eucharistic Adoration
- Discerning Your Vocation: Devotion to Mary
- Discerning Your Vocation: Daily Mass
- Discerning Your Vocation: Prayer
- Discerning Your Vocation: Talk to a Vocation Director
- Interview with Fr. Tim Fahey
- Interview with Fr. Alex McCullough
- Priesthood Ordination 2016 (Vocation Office version)
- College Seminary
This video features our young men who are in college seminary for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- The Gift of the Priesthood: Parents of the Called
What do parents have to say about their sons call to the priesthood? We took the opportunity to interview a few wonderful parents to learn more about the call to become a Catholic priest and the transformation of their son.