We are now exactly one month away from the start of National Vocation Awareness Week and we are excited to share the many great ways in which you can promote a culture of vocations throughout the week of November 5-11 in your parish, in your school and in your homes.
The greatest way to celebrate during this week is to pray as one Church for more vocations to the consecrated life and the priesthood. There are multiple opportunities to do that:
- November 4-12: Bible Reading Novena with the Serra Club of Cincinnati – The Serra Club will read aloud the entire Bible in 9 days of prayer for vocations. All are welcome to join as a reader or to just sit and receive the Word of God.
- November 8: Statewide Day of Adoration for Vocations – More than 30 local sites and parishes from across the state are joining in to pray for vocations all day!
- November 9: Eucharistic Adoration for Vocations with the Children of Mary and at St. Remy in Russia, OH
In addition to the prayer opportunities, Catechists and teachers (both traditional and home school) have access to great lesson plans throughout the week of Vocation Awareness week to inspire our children to think about the many ways God may call us to live out our universal call to holiness. Visit www.vocationlessons.com and enter access code CinciVocations513 to access the Teacher site and have your children enter code StFrancis513 to access all the student materials.
For pastors and parish staff, there are several high quality resources awaiting you at www.vocationawarenessweek.com to help you to celebrate and emphasize this important week.
Finally, don’t ever forget the importance of personal witness and invitation! Talk to your friends and family about vocations and encourage the young men and women in your life to consider that God might desire for them to serve the world as a priest or religious. Or, do you have a buddy who inspires you in your faith, is he called to be a permanent deacon? Year after year, the statistics are the same: most people consider a consecrated vocation only after having 4 different people encourage them in that call. Be one of those people!
- Rosary for Vocations
- Prayer and Pizza Night on June 14th
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 9
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 8
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 7
- Announcements (82)
- Call to Holiness (60)
- Celibacy (8)
- Culture of Vocations (93)
- Discernment (86)
- Holy Hour (9)
- Life (17)
- Liturgical Questions (2)
- Marriage (11)
- Priesthood (86)
- Q's from HS (10)
- Religious (57)
- resources (16)
- Saints (14)
- Scripture (8)
- Seminary (75)
- Spirituality (52)
- Uncategorized (16)
- Vocation Stories (44)
- Discerning Your Vocation: Eucharistic Adoration
- Discerning Your Vocation: Devotion to Mary
- Discerning Your Vocation: Daily Mass
- Discerning Your Vocation: Prayer
- Discerning Your Vocation: Talk to a Vocation Director
- Interview with Fr. Tim Fahey
- Interview with Fr. Alex McCullough
- Priesthood Ordination 2016 (Vocation Office version)
- College Seminary
This video features our young men who are in college seminary for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- The Gift of the Priesthood: Parents of the Called
What do parents have to say about their sons call to the priesthood? We took the opportunity to interview a few wonderful parents to learn more about the call to become a Catholic priest and the transformation of their son.