Starting next week, our seminarians will be returning to school for another year of studies and formation as they discern more deeply their call to the priesthood. This year we are excited to announce that 19 new men will be entering seminary which raises our total to 60 men in formation for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati!!
Of those 60 men, 10 of them will be in minor (i.e. college) seminary earning their bachelor’s degree and 44 more will be at Mount St. Mary’s of the West major seminary. The remaining 6 men will be on internships this year as they take a year to work alongside a parish priest and experience a year of work in a parish to help them to see first-hand what really happens in the daily life of a priest.
Please pray for the all our seminarians but especially for these new men:
- Nicholas Emmerling – First College, Pontifical College Josephinum
- Augustine (Gus) Franer – First College, Bishop Simon Brute
- Eduardo Sanchez-Guerrero – First College, St. John Vianney (Miami, FL)
- Jose Daniel Sanchez-Guerrero – First College, St. John Vianney (Miami, FL)
- Benjamin Packer – First College, Bishop Simon Brute
- Gregory Romer – Second College, Bishop Simon Brute
- Maximilian (Max) Travis – Second College, Bishop Simon Brute
- Bricer Berger – Pre-Theology I
- John Grusenmeyer – Pre-Theology I
- Stephen Jones – Pre-Theology I
- Jacob Lindle – Pre-Theology I
- Antonio (Tony) Losekamp – Pre-Theology I
- Benjamin Mersch – Pre-Theology I
- Matt Montag – Pre-Theology I
- Anthony (Tony) Sanitato – Pre-Theology I
- Ian Wilson – Pre-Theology I
- Charley Westerhold – Theology I
- Raymond Asiebgulem – Theology I
- Uriel Santos Garcia – Special Pastoral Year
All of our seminarians could use your personal prayers. Please consider spiritually adopting one of our men through your prayers. Feel free to write to him to let him know of your prayers and support.
Mount St. Mary’s Seminary of the West
6616 Beechmont Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45230
Pontifical College Josephinum
7625 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43235
Bishop Simon Brute Seminary
2500 Cold Spring Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46222
St. John Vianney Seminary
2900 SW 87th Ave.
Miami, FL 33165
Also, consider starting in your parish a Spiritual Motherhood of Priests prayer apostolate group that promises to pray for all priests and seminarians. Finally, if you believe that prayers for vocations to the priesthood and religious life is part of who God has made you to be, consider joining in the efforts of our local Serra Club in Cincinnati and in the Sidney/St. Marys area.
- Rosary for Vocations
- Prayer and Pizza Night on June 14th
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 9
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 8
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 7
- Announcements (82)
- Call to Holiness (60)
- Celibacy (8)
- Culture of Vocations (93)
- Discernment (83)
- Holy Hour (8)
- Life (17)
- Liturgical Questions (2)
- Marriage (10)
- Priesthood (84)
- Q's from HS (10)
- Religious (56)
- resources (16)
- Saints (13)
- Scripture (8)
- Seminary (74)
- Spirituality (50)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Vocation Stories (43)
- Discerning Your Vocation: Devotion to Mary
- Discerning Your Vocation: Daily Mass
- Discerning Your Vocation: Prayer
- Discerning Your Vocation: Talk to a Vocation Director
- Interview with Fr. Tim Fahey
- Interview with Fr. Alex McCullough
- Priesthood Ordination 2016 (Vocation Office version)
- College Seminary
This video features our young men who are in college seminary for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- The Gift of the Priesthood: Parents of the Called
What do parents have to say about their sons call to the priesthood? We took the opportunity to interview a few wonderful parents to learn more about the call to become a Catholic priest and the transformation of their son.
- The Gift of the Priesthood
Filmed and produced by US Digital Partners for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati on location at Mount St. Mary's Seminary of the West.