Continuing our series of questions submitted by high school students during various presentations comes this frequently asked question: Is the food food at the seminary?
There are a couple of different ways to answer this, maybe I should let one of the seminarians weigh in?
On one level, the food at the seminary has to be mass produced, in that 50 or more all have to eat within a relatively short amount of time, so there is a certain ‘home cooking’ aspect that is missing from the Refectory (as we call the dining room) fare.
However, the cooks that are present at the seminaries we support all take their responsibility seriously and strive to provide meals that are cost-effective, healthy and appetizing. There is also a variety of meals provided throughout the week, so that it is not just the same thing over and over. This all helps to keep the menu fresh and changing, and I have to admit that I never went hungry when I was in the seminary. However, an occasional trip out to a local restaurant or home for Mom’s cooking was always appreicated!
- Q from HS: Can priests choose their parish?
- Q from HS: Do you have to be a certain age to be a priest?
- Catholic high school students ask tough questions of Archbishop Schnurr at videoconference
- Q from HS: What is your daily schedule like?
- Q from HS: How often do priests get to travel?
- Announcements (74)
- Call to Holiness (55)
- Celibacy (8)
- Culture of Vocations (87)
- Discernment (79)
- Holy Hour (9)
- Life (17)
- Liturgical Questions (2)
- Marriage (11)
- Priesthood (77)
- Q's from HS (10)
- Religious (56)
- resources (16)
- Saints (15)
- Scripture (8)
- Seminary (66)
- Spirituality (45)
- Uncategorized (33)
- Vocation Stories (37)
- Discerning Your Vocation: Eucharistic Adoration
- Discerning Your Vocation: Devotion to Mary
- Discerning Your Vocation: Daily Mass
- Discerning Your Vocation: Prayer
- Discerning Your Vocation: Talk to a Vocation Director
- Interview with Fr. Tim Fahey
- Interview with Fr. Alex McCullough
- Priesthood Ordination 2016 (Vocation Office version)
- College Seminary
This video features our young men who are in college seminary for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- The Gift of the Priesthood: Parents of the Called
What do parents have to say about their sons call to the priesthood? We took the opportunity to interview a few wonderful parents to learn more about the call to become a Catholic priest and the transformation of their son.