This coming Saturday, September 5th is the first ever Defeat Hunger 5K obstacle run being sponsored by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Catholic Schools office. In response to Pope Francis’ call to end world hunger by 2025, the Archdiocese has initiated a campaign to provide Food for All by collecting 1,000,000 food donations throughout this school year. This race is just one piece of that campaign and it is the goal to collect 5000 in this one day.
Seminarians for the Archdiocese have stepped up to that call! Nine of our seminarians will be participating in the Defeat Hunger 5K this Saturday and all of them will be in the 11:00 wave of the race! In addition to running to end hunger, they also will be representing the Run for the Call cause. Run for the Call is an initiative to spread the message that every single one of us is called by God to fulfill a definite purpose. Many of those being called are being called to offer their lives entirely to one person in the sacrament of holy matrimony, but some are called to offer their lives entirely to the Church in the consecrated religious life or to the priesthood.
Look for the bright, golden-colored shirts on race day and be reminded of your call! Don’t be afraid to chase after it! (And don’t be afraid to pass up some of the seminarians in the process.) 🙂
- Priesthood Ordination Novena Starts Tomorrow
- Congratulations to our New Deacons!
- St. Francis De Sales on Vocation
- Rosary for Vocations
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 2
- Announcements (75)
- Call to Holiness (55)
- Celibacy (8)
- Culture of Vocations (89)
- Discernment (79)
- Holy Hour (9)
- Life (17)
- Liturgical Questions (2)
- Marriage (11)
- Priesthood (78)
- Q's from HS (10)
- Religious (57)
- resources (16)
- Saints (15)
- Scripture (8)
- Seminary (66)
- Spirituality (46)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Vocation Stories (38)
- Discerning Your Vocation: Eucharistic Adoration
- Discerning Your Vocation: Devotion to Mary
- Discerning Your Vocation: Daily Mass
- Discerning Your Vocation: Prayer
- Discerning Your Vocation: Talk to a Vocation Director
- Interview with Fr. Tim Fahey
- Interview with Fr. Alex McCullough
- Priesthood Ordination 2016 (Vocation Office version)
- College Seminary
This video features our young men who are in college seminary for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- The Gift of the Priesthood: Parents of the Called
What do parents have to say about their sons call to the priesthood? We took the opportunity to interview a few wonderful parents to learn more about the call to become a Catholic priest and the transformation of their son.