Last night at the Maria Stein Relic Shrine in Maria Stein, OH, lay men and women of the Sidney/St. Mary’s Serra Club gathered together to venerate a relic of a relatively unknown priest in California who was one of the most influential Franciscan missionaries of the United States. Father Junipero Serra worked to establish 9 different missions across what is today known as California and walked on foot, despite a chronically diseased leg, thousands of miles to attend to each of these new missions. He was a powerful witness of the gospel and was revered for his great fortitude and zeal for evangelization. Without a doubt, he was a man worth emulating.
In less than a month, Pope Francis will give us another reason to look more closely at this man’s life as he canonizes him on American soil at the papal mass on September 23, 2015! He will become the first saint to be canonized in the United States and the Serra Club who claimed him as their patron more than 60 years ago is ready to celebrate!
On Wednesday, afternoon, September 23rd at 3:30, all are invited to join the Serra Club of Cincinnati at Ruah Woods for a Canonization viewing party. They will provide drinks and food at no cost and they will live stream the Mass from EWTN in the New Evangelization Center. The celebration will last until 7:00 and all are encouraged to stop in for any and all of the festivities. The evening will conclude with an opportunity to pray for the intercession of the newly canonized saint!
To ensure there is enough food participants are encouraged (but not required) to contact Wayne Topp at email@example.com.
- Priesthood Ordination Novena Starts Tomorrow
- Congratulations to our New Deacons!
- St. Francis De Sales on Vocation
- St. Alphonsus Liguori Maxims for those Discerning Priesthood
- Rosary for Vocations
- Announcements (75)
- Call to Holiness (55)
- Celibacy (8)
- Culture of Vocations (89)
- Discernment (79)
- Holy Hour (9)
- Life (17)
- Liturgical Questions (2)
- Marriage (11)
- Priesthood (78)
- Q's from HS (10)
- Religious (57)
- resources (16)
- Saints (15)
- Scripture (8)
- Seminary (66)
- Spirituality (46)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Vocation Stories (38)
- Discerning Your Vocation: Eucharistic Adoration
- Discerning Your Vocation: Devotion to Mary
- Discerning Your Vocation: Daily Mass
- Discerning Your Vocation: Prayer
- Discerning Your Vocation: Talk to a Vocation Director
- Interview with Fr. Tim Fahey
- Interview with Fr. Alex McCullough
- Priesthood Ordination 2016 (Vocation Office version)
- College Seminary
This video features our young men who are in college seminary for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- The Gift of the Priesthood: Parents of the Called
What do parents have to say about their sons call to the priesthood? We took the opportunity to interview a few wonderful parents to learn more about the call to become a Catholic priest and the transformation of their son.