A few weeks ago, I posted an article I had written for CatholicLane.com on “Folding Underwear, Running a Marathon and Developing Discipline in Prayer.” While it seemed to get good responses from many of my friends and family members it garnered an unexpected response from a group of young women in Cleveland. They saw my article and were inspired to ask me to join their marathon team as they are trying to raise money for a very worthy cause: to allow them to enter the religious order to which they believe they have been called (and to which they have already been accepted).
Their group, found at www.supportgoodhabits.org, conists of four young women, Amanda, Anna, Malbri and Katie. They have all been accepted into the Franciscan Sisters TOR (Third Order Regular) of Penance of the Sorrowful Mother but are all in the predicament of not being able to join the community due to outstanding college debt. It is, unfortunately, a fairly regular problem among a large population of young women who are being drawn to the religous life today. Many of these young women are successful at quickly finding help to pay off their loans, but many others get discouraged and lose hope in the vocation to which God has called them.
I want to make sure that doesn’t happen! So, I need your help. Please, go visit their website and get to know the young women a little bit; spend some time learning about the sisters they hope to join in the near future; and then make a committment to support them in one of the following ways:
- Pray for these women and all others who are facing the same challenge.
- Buy some of the products they are making out of their homes: homemade candies and rosaries, etc. Hopefully they can even get your candy order to you before Easter (or at least before the Easter season is over)!
- Buy one of the Suport Good Habits t-shirts. Wear it on race day and cheer me on if you can.
- Make a donation in my name via paypal (just make a note in the “Special Instructions” box before finalizing payments) or send a donation via snail mail to:
Support Good HabitsAttn: Run For Nuns24 Adalbert StreetBerea, Ohio 44017
This truly is a new arena for religious communities over the past 10 years or so and I believe, with the increase in numbers of God-seeking young men and women in our Church today, they will need our help even more.
- Men and Women Religious in Formation!
- Bible Reading Novena for Priestly Vocations
- Have We Stopped Asking?
- Meet the Alexian Brothers
- More Upcoming Vocation Events
- Announcements (42)
- Call to Holiness (18)
- Celibacy (7)
- Culture of Vocations (47)
- Discernment (57)
- Holy Hour (4)
- Life (25)
- Liturgical Questions (2)
- Marriage (4)
- Priesthood (40)
- Q's from HS (10)
- Religious (41)
- resources (25)
- Saints (9)
- Scripture (3)
- Seminary (53)
- Spirituality (31)
- Uncategorized (27)
- Vocation Stories (23)
- The Gift of the Priesthood
Filmed and produced by US Digital Partners for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati on location at Mount St. Mary's Seminary of the West.
- Vocation Stories: The Seminarians
This video featuring three seminarians was filmed on location at Mount St. Mary's of the West in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Vocation Stories: Fr. Earl Fernandes
This video featuring Fr. Earl Fernandes was filmed on location at Mount St. Mary's of the West in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Vocation Stories: Fr. Benedict O'Cinnsealaigh
This video featuring Fr. Benedict O'Cinnsealaigh was filmed on location at Mount St. Mary's of the West in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Vocation Stories: Father Marc Soellner
This video featuring Father Marc Soellner was filmed on location at Our Lady of Visitation in Cincinnati, Ohio.