What is the true nature of freedom? Being totally unchained from everything? That’s a notion that the secular world likes to present.
However, in this article, the opposite is argued:
Discourse concerning mandatory celibacy, the Cardinal believes, must not begin with the assumption that freedom is the absence of ties and permanent commitments. Instead, this discourse must begin with the assumption that freedom consists in the definitive gift of self to the other and to God. Every human being, in freedom, must understand and welcome one’s vocation and must work every day more and more to become what God created that person to be.
- VIDEO: Interview with Deacon Jarred Kohn
- Priesthood Ordination Photos
- Diaconate Ordination Photos
- New Video: Interview with Fr. Tim Fahey
- Spring Vigil Praise Next Weekend
- Announcements (54)
- Call to Holiness (39)
- Celibacy (7)
- Culture of Vocations (64)
- Discernment (59)
- Holy Hour (8)
- Life (17)
- Liturgical Questions (1)
- Marriage (9)
- Priesthood (59)
- Q's from HS (10)
- Religious (54)
- resources (15)
- Saints (13)
- Scripture (8)
- Seminary (49)
- Spirituality (40)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Vocation Stories (26)
- Interview with Fr. Tim Fahey
- Interview with Fr. Alex McCullough
- Priesthood Ordination 2016 (Vocation Office version)
- College Seminary
This video features our young men who are in college seminary for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- The Gift of the Priesthood: Parents of the Called
What do parents have to say about their sons call to the priesthood? We took the opportunity to interview a few wonderful parents to learn more about the call to become a Catholic priest and the transformation of their son.
- The Gift of the Priesthood
Filmed and produced by US Digital Partners for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati on location at Mount St. Mary's Seminary of the West.
- Vocation Stories: The Seminarians
This video featuring three seminarians was filmed on location at Mount St. Mary's of the West in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Vocation Stories: Fr. Earl Fernandes
This video featuring Fr. Earl Fernandes was filmed on location at Mount St. Mary's of the West in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Vocation Stories: Fr. Benedict O'Cinnsealaigh
This video featuring Fr. Benedict O'Cinnsealaigh was filmed on location at Mount St. Mary's of the West in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- The Man Behind the Collar: Three Priests
This video introduces three priests of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and gives the viewer an overview of what being a priest is all about.