For the first time in more than 10 years, the Mount St. Mary’s Seminary of the West welcome weekend, that runs from tomorrow evening through Saturday evening, March 17-18, will see 16 men from the Archdiocese of Cincinnati discerning their own call to the priesthood.
Generally, we expect that about a half dozen men from any one diocese will be interested in attending a “come and see weekend” such as this. By God’s grace and the courage of the men to respond to God’s call, nearly three times that average number will be in attendance tomorrow evening.
Many of these men are just beginning their journey of discernment. They have felt the Lord calling them for some time, but have not been able to take the first step to begin formal discernment. All of them need our prayers and support more than ever now. Please beg the Lord to make His will clear for each of these men and continue to provide them with the grace needed to follow Him with courage and zeal.
- Big Month of Events Coming in March!
- Welcome Weekend 2018 Coming Soon!
- BIG NEWS and Vocation Week Wrap-Up
- National Vocation Awareness Week 2017
- Vocation Ministry: An Important Ministry in Every Parish
- Announcements (61)
- Call to Holiness (43)
- Celibacy (7)
- Culture of Vocations (72)
- Discernment (63)
- Holy Hour (8)
- Life (17)
- Liturgical Questions (1)
- Marriage (10)
- Priesthood (64)
- Q's from HS (10)
- Religious (56)
- resources (16)
- Saints (13)
- Scripture (8)
- Seminary (54)
- Spirituality (41)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Vocation Stories (26)
- Interview with Fr. Tim Fahey
- Interview with Fr. Alex McCullough
- Priesthood Ordination 2016 (Vocation Office version)
- College Seminary
This video features our young men who are in college seminary for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- The Gift of the Priesthood: Parents of the Called
What do parents have to say about their sons call to the priesthood? We took the opportunity to interview a few wonderful parents to learn more about the call to become a Catholic priest and the transformation of their son.
- The Gift of the Priesthood
Filmed and produced by US Digital Partners for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati on location at Mount St. Mary's Seminary of the West.
- Vocation Stories: The Seminarians
This video featuring three seminarians was filmed on location at Mount St. Mary's of the West in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Vocation Stories: Fr. Earl Fernandes
This video featuring Fr. Earl Fernandes was filmed on location at Mount St. Mary's of the West in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Vocation Stories: Fr. Benedict O'Cinnsealaigh
This video featuring Fr. Benedict O'Cinnsealaigh was filmed on location at Mount St. Mary's of the West in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- The Man Behind the Collar: Three Priests
This video introduces three priests of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and gives the viewer an overview of what being a priest is all about.