For the first time in more than 10 years, the Mount St. Mary’s Seminary of the West welcome weekend, that runs from tomorrow evening through Saturday evening, March 17-18, will see 16 men from the Archdiocese of Cincinnati discerning their own call to the priesthood.
Generally, we expect that about a half dozen men from any one diocese will be interested in attending a “come and see weekend” such as this. By God’s grace and the courage of the men to respond to God’s call, nearly three times that average number will be in attendance tomorrow evening.
Many of these men are just beginning their journey of discernment. They have felt the Lord calling them for some time, but have not been able to take the first step to begin formal discernment. All of them need our prayers and support more than ever now. Please beg the Lord to make His will clear for each of these men and continue to provide them with the grace needed to follow Him with courage and zeal.
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 2
- Priesthood Ordination Novena: Day 1
- Novena for Deacons: Day Nine!
- Novena for Deacons: Day Eight!
- Novena for Deacons: Day Seven!
- Announcements (74)
- Call to Holiness (55)
- Celibacy (8)
- Culture of Vocations (87)
- Discernment (79)
- Holy Hour (9)
- Life (17)
- Liturgical Questions (2)
- Marriage (11)
- Priesthood (77)
- Q's from HS (10)
- Religious (56)
- resources (16)
- Saints (15)
- Scripture (8)
- Seminary (66)
- Spirituality (45)
- Uncategorized (33)
- Vocation Stories (37)
- Discerning Your Vocation: Eucharistic Adoration
- Discerning Your Vocation: Devotion to Mary
- Discerning Your Vocation: Daily Mass
- Discerning Your Vocation: Prayer
- Discerning Your Vocation: Talk to a Vocation Director
- Interview with Fr. Tim Fahey
- Interview with Fr. Alex McCullough
- Priesthood Ordination 2016 (Vocation Office version)
- College Seminary
This video features our young men who are in college seminary for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- The Gift of the Priesthood: Parents of the Called
What do parents have to say about their sons call to the priesthood? We took the opportunity to interview a few wonderful parents to learn more about the call to become a Catholic priest and the transformation of their son.